Monday, March 26, 2007

Special Meeting - Saturday 14th April at 6pm

Please see the below message from Jonathon:

"Dear APC members,

Firstly I would like to say a huge thank you to Tracey, Matt, Peter, Joanne and everyone that has been keeping APC running so smoothly in my absence over the past weeks.

I am sorry that I have not been able to be with you all during the past few weeks and, as you know, I have been very busy finishing my ABC project with the Choir of Hard Knocks over the past months, as well as my other work obligations here in Melbourne that now preclude me from getting up to work with you on Monday nights.

I suppose I knew that the time would have to come when I would have to make a choice for so many reasons (career, personal, financial, lifestyle, health etc) about where I would end up having to focus my attention and in which city.

Given the enormous demands on my personal time now with my work commitments and possibilities arising out of the ABC documentary that will go to air from May 15, I am no longer going to be able to make the commitment to continue as your Music Director with Australian Pop Choir in Sydney.

I know that many of you will be as sad about this as I am, as we have all invested a huge amount of our personal energy and time, as well as sharing many wonderful hours making music together in rehearsal and performance, as well as the wonderful friendships that have been formed during the past 5 years of APC's existence.

This does not mean, however, that APC cannot continue to run and be the wonderful choir that we have all worked so hard to build and love, and that the friendships that we have well cease!

I am very willing to help assist with finding a new musical and artistic leader if you, as a group, want to continue - but you will need to really support each other and have the desire to continue, without me at the helm, as a "team" - otherwise we will have no other choice than to "close shop" as they say.

I would like to propose that we meet on Saturday April 14th at 6pm at the Petersham RSL or somewhere mutually convenient to discuss the alternatives for APC continuing.

There are many fine conductors and musicians in Sydney and I believe that APC is very capable of moving forward with Matt, Peter, Tracey and the solid core of singers that currently makes up APC today.

Obviously you will need some time to think about what I am proposing, and to most of you it will come as no surprise given the fact that I live in Melbourne.

If you can't make the meeting but would like to write your thoughts and suggestions down, please forward them to Tracey and me and we can table them for discussion - your input and concerns are most valued and I will do my best to address them at the meeting.

This is not goodbye however - you can't get rid of me that easily!

I would like you to know that I deeply value each and everyone of you and your wonderful commitment to my vision with APC during the past 5 years and I do hope that you as a group will move forward to even greater things.

My best wishes to you all - and I hope to see you on Saturday April 14th.

Jonathon"





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]