Wednesday, April 16, 2008
SUNDAY 20TH APRIL EXTRA REHEARSAL
THERE IS AN EXTRA REHEARSAL WITH THE BAND
THIS SUNDAY 20TH APRIL 2008
PETERSHAM RSL - FUNCTION ROOMS 2 AND 3
if you can't make it to the whole rehearsal then perhaps you could come to some of it
Please learn "Why don't you get a job" off by heart for that rehearsal.
.....IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC
Saturday, April 12, 2008
SHOW TIME!, SHOW TIME!
It's not far off now until our wonderful "Choir At Work" show.
Here are some details. Most of this information you may already know.
Show:- Petersham Town Hall, Saturday 10th May, 2008 - Show time 8pm.
(you will be notified soon of 'expected time of arrival', 'sound check time,' 'rehearsal time', 'what to bring,' 'where to meet', 'jewellery and makeup', etc)
Captain, Go Sidetrack Your Train
Love For Sale
She Works Hard For the Money
(Guest choir the Honeybees perform)
(Guest choir, the Honeybees perform)
Money For Nothing
Why Don't You Get a Job
Sydney Pop Choir and Honeybees sing two songs together:-Freedom Train and This ol' Hammer.
Black closed in shoes
Black long sleeved or three quarter sleeved tshirt or shirt (no frills or sequins)
Then you need to provide your own accessories
for example, hard hat, chef's hat, fluro vest, nurse cape, newspaper, stethoscope, tool belt etc. Bring these to rehearsal on Monday 28th April so we can see what everyone has and how it will all look together.
Learn Your Music
We have 4 rehearsals scheduled before the show, so now is the time for you to learn the all lyrics and notes of our songs.
It would be great to run the last couple of rehearsals right through the show programme without having to worry about fixing too many words and notes and dynamics. Remember we still need to learn the "movement" for the show - where we'll be standing and what we'll be doing for each song. We should be prepared to give a really polished performance on the 10th of May.
Keep some of our show flyers handy when you go out - to post in different places.
Please contribute an item to the gourmet hamper if you haven't already done so. Your contribution needn't be an item of gourmet food, you may decide to donate some nice napery, candles, vouchers, DVD's, Cd's stationery etc... All beautiful items are welcome. Hopefully we'll collect enough for a large hamper and a smaller hamper. Raffle tickets will be avaible soon, to sell before our show and on the night of the show.
Together we'll put on a wonderful show
To borrow the words of a recent song "we're all in this together".
Here are some suggestions that you might want to put into place before the show. None of these are compulsory, merely suggestions.
- Please discuss the show details with other members of the choir.
- Arrange to go over notes that you may not be sure of.
- Let the choir/your section know of any special clues or hints to help remember words or notes.
- Get together with other section member/s half an hour before our scheduled rehearsal starting time, if you want to practice a particular piece.
- Write out the words to the songs to ensure you have memorised them.
- Set yourself small goals - eg. dedicate one or two days to one song and learn it really well, then follow on with the rest of the songs.
- Listen to your learning CDs and midi files.
- Print/photocopy a spare copy of your sheet music and leave it in your car boot so that you will always have it on you no matter where you are.
- Anything you're not sure of just ask ask ask. Ask at rehearsal or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be flexible, things can and do change sometimes without much notice, so please try to go with the flow to ensure the wonderful success of our first SPC show.
.........................it really is all about the music and the show!!!!
Labels: Show Time
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]